Quick-thinking firefighters managed to avoid a pile of gas cannisters exploding in a fire on a village industrial estate on Sunday (May 29).
They found plumes of black smoke billowing from a storage unit and a vehicle, plus 17 cylinders which were later identified as containing propane.
Kettering town centre restaurant ready to reopen with new menu and 'surprises'
Remembering the drought of 1976 across Northamptonshire in pictures from the archive
Prisons ombudsman concludes investigation after Higham Ferrers sex offender's death
Eight pumps tackling large fire at Corby recycling centre
Muslim woman left in tears after Kettering McDonald's wrongly puts bacon in burger
A Northampton Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The first crew on the scene stopped the fire from spreading by using a hose reel to control the flames before firefighters eventually doused it completely. A winch was used to remove the van away from the blaze.
“Investigations have since determined that the fire started accidentally. The contents within the fire were destroyed while an adjacent building suffered some heat damage.”