Thrapston salon open for business after '˜horrendous' fire caused closure

A Thrapston salon is set to re-open 10 months after it was gutted by an electrical fire.

Saturday, 12th November 2016, 5:02 am
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 4:01 pm
Damage at the salon after the fire earlier this year.

Indulgence Salon in the town’s High Street was forced to close in January after the blaze, which destroyed all three floors of the building.

It left owner Claudia Herbert, 28, on the verge of packing it all in - but on November 22 her salon will be open for business once more.

Miss Herbert said: “In January we had a fire after a computer overheated and it damaged absolutely everything.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The new salon frontage.

“The salon has three levels and the bottom floor was completely burned and was solid black, and the other two were badly damaged as well.

“Someone told me the salon was on fire so I went and I never thought it would be that bad.

“All of the nail varnishes melted so it looked horrendous.

“I did think about whether re-opening would be worth it but 10 months later we’re ready to go.

Damage at the salon after the fire earlier this year.

“I’m a mixture of excited and relieved, but also anxious as it’s just like starting all over again.”

The salon offers nail, hair and beauty treatments and was opened in 2012 by TOWIE star Lucy Mecklenburgh.

While there will be no guest appearances at the re-opening, Miss Herbert will be throwing a party at the salon on November 18 to welcome customers and residents.

She said: “Everything at the salon is completely new including the logo and all of the equipment.

The new salon frontage.

“All we have kept is the name and the staff.

“Local businesses and customers have been really supportive but it’s a bit nerve-wracking.

“I just can’t wait to get going again.”

The salon’s opening party takes place on November 18 from 8pm to 11pm, with peformances by an acoustic singer.

Damage at the salon after the fire earlier this year.