Rushden bar fire thought to be caused by an electrical fault

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue were called out to the blaze on Friday afternoon

Tuesday, 22nd June 2021, 1:34 pm

A fire that started in a Rushden bar is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in the cellar.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service were called out to the recently refurbished Woody's in Queen Street on Friday (June 18) with three local crews in attendance.

The two-hour operation saw the fire extinguished and the power supply made safe.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Northants Fire and Rescue attend the fire
Northants Fire and Rescue attend the fire

A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service were called on Friday, June 18, at 4.44pm to an incident in Queen Street.

"Crews from Rushden, Irthlingborough and Raunds attended a fire and used six breathing apparatus, three dry powder extinguishers, two hose reels and a thermal imaging camera whilst extinguishing the fire.

"The fire, which was thought to be an electrical fault, caused damage to the cellar with some smoke damage to the ground floor.

"Western Power attended the incident to isolate the power supply.

"Crews left the scene at 6.37pm but returned later that evening to carry out an after fire inspection, to ensure no further concerns."