Kettering and Rothwell firefighters tackle blaze as campervans 'completely destroyed'
The incident happened in the early hours of Monday, May 10
Two campervans have been destroyed by a blaze near Kettering that has also damaged four cars, two summer houses and to the windows of a nearby house.
Firefighters called to an address in Violet Lane found the two recreational vehicles well alight and had to introduce a 100-metre cordon around the scene due to two gas cylinders being involved.
Crews from Kettering and Rothwell used water from a outdoor swimming pool to help put out the flames.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters from Rothwell and Kettering were called to reports of two campervans on fire at 1.25am today (May 10).
"Appliances attended the scene at Violet Lane, in Rothwell, and found the campervans well ablaze.
"The crews used water from a nearby open-air swimming pool to help tackle the flames, while they also put a 100-metre cordon in place due to two 100 litre cylinders with liquid petroleum gas on the vehicles being involved in the fire.
"Crews worked hard to prevent any further damage, using breathing apparatus and hose reels and monitors.
"Four cars, two summer houses and windows at the main house suffered heat damage as a result of the fire, but unfortunately the two RVs (recreational vehicles) were completely destroyed.
"The cause of the fire is most likely thought to be due to an electrical fault after the scene was examined by fire investigation officers."
Watch Commander Justin Abbott, who oversaw the incident, said: “The crews worked really hard to put this fire out, and we were helped by the swift actions of the homeowners.
"They immediately moved away from the scene and called us, and we would urge everyone to do this instead of trying to retrieve personal items or tackle the fire themselves.”