MEET THE GOVERNORS: Kettering governor tells us more about Northamptonshire's changing health scene
Professor Peter Woolliscroft is the lead governor and public governor for Kettering
A KGH governor has written more in his series of pieces about Northamptonshire's changing health scene.
The governors at KGH have teamed up with the Northants Telegraph to give our readers an insight into their role and the work they do.
Professor Peter Woolliscroft, lead governor and public governor for Kettering, has written the latest in a series of pieces about the governors which we will be bringing to you in the coming weeks.
In his fifth piece about Northamptonshire's changing health scene, Prof Woolliscroft told the Northants Telegraph: "In this fifth article we look a bit deeper into the ICS (integrated care system) and how its composition works locally.
"Last time we talked about how the journey to a mature ICS is well under way."
Prof Woolliscroft has given some examples of progress to date, which are:
- Joining of Nene and Corby CCGs to create one new organisation NHS Northamptonshire CCG from April 2020 (Clinical Commissioning Groups were created following the Health and Social Care Act in 2012. They are clinically-led statutory NHS bodies responsible for the planning and commissioning of health care services for their local area, there are 135
CCGs in England)
- The formation of an acute hospital provider group model bringing together Northampton General Hospital (NGH) NHS Trust and Kettering General Hospital (KGH) NHS Foundation Trust
- The establishment of 16 new Primary Care Networks (PCNs) bringing together integrated community-based teams around a neighbourhood footprint to deliver seamless care for both physical and mental health
- An integrated provider of community and mental health services across the county, Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, with strong links to Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, the emerging regional mental health provider alliance, and local GP Federations.
- A co-ordinated countywide response to Covid-19 supported by the local voluntary, community, and social enterprise sector
- Completion of a system-wide procurement for the new Northamptonshire Care Record
We will be hearing more from the governors in the coming weeks so keep an eye out for the stories if you want to learn more about the governors and their role at KGH.
To read the previous piece from Prof Woolliscroft on Northamptonshire's changing health scene, click here.
If you have a question for the governors, email it to [email protected]
Message from the editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
In order for us to continue to provide trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive.
We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.