Suspected human trafficking gang smashed with arrests in Corby and Kettering
They have been charged with a long list of serious offences
Two people from Kettering and one from Corby are among five charged with human trafficking, prostitution, drugs and fraud offences after a series of warrants were conducted across the UK.
Raids were carried out at six addresses across London, Kent, Northamptonshire and West Yorkshire. Five were arrested and charged for a variety of offences, including conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, trafficking offences and fraud. All were remanded in custody and appeared at Staines Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (February 11).
· Justyna Sieredzinska, 29, of Sycamore Close, Kettering, charged with one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, two offences of attaining/possessing criminal property and two offences of fraud;
· Maceij Sidorkiewicz, 30, of Sycamore Close, Kettering, charged with two offences of attaining/possessing criminal property and two offences of fraud;
· Mariusz Moniuszko, 39, of Buttercup Close, Corby, charged with 17 fraud offences, one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, two charges of arranging or facilitating travel with a view to exploitation, one charge of possessing criminal property to the value of £17,815, and five charges relating to the possession/making of indecent images of children/prohibited images;
· Dariusz Sieredzinski, 33, of Maidstone Road, Kent, charged with one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, three charges of possessing articles for use in fraud and two further charges of fraud;
· Wladyslaw Kieruc, 55 of Merton High Street, Colliers Wood, London, charged with three counts of perverting the course of justice.
Working in partnership with Surrey Police, the Polish Policja also arrested a 32-year-old man in Bialystok, Poland, for similar offences. He has since been remanded into Polish custody.
The warrants formed part of an intelligence-led operation following months of planning to disrupt modern slavery offences, including trafficking and prostitution, across the UK.
Enquiries are ongoing.