Police investigating Corby bomb hoax
The Cube had to be evacuated
Police are urging anyone with information about a bomb hoax in Corby to contact them after it forced the evacuation of the town's Cube building.
The malicious radio messages to organisers of Corby's Grow Festival forced them to cut the event short on Saturday evening (February 8).
A police spokesman said neighbourhood officers attended the area after a bomb threat was called in just after 5pm.
The spokesman said: "Somebody had got onto their radios. They made a hoax and we checked the building and it was found to be secure."
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident but police urged anyone who may know something about the threat to contact them.
Those with information should call police on 101 quoting incident number 367 of February 8.
The Grow Festival - which drew crowds of thousands into the town - was due to finish with a Full Moon Party at the Corby Cube at 8pm.
But that was cancelled, and the hugely popular Museum of the Moon event forced to close ten minutes early.
People were later let back into the building.
A statement from the organisers thanked the thousands of people who have supported the festival.
It added: "On Saturday evening we took the decision to cut short the Grow Festival after receiving a series of radio messages which required further investigation.
"After consultation with the police, the decision was taken to act in the interest of public safety and cancel the evening’s events.
"We now believe these calls to be malicious but not dangerous, however the safety of the public and event teams was our first priority. The adverse weather conditions had already affected some of the outdoor performances.
"We are thrilled at the fantastic support and turnout for the festival over the whole weekend and we are equally as disappointed as our tremendous audiences that the evening’s events were cut short."