Organisers of Rushden s Party In The Park have decided to cancel this year's event.
Party In The Park is an annual event held at Hall Park in Rushden and is a popular feature on the town's calendar.
But with the date falling so closely to the proposed end of restrictions, the decision has been taken to cancel it.
A spokesman for Rushden Town Council said: "Due to the Party in the Park event falling within such close proximity to the proposed date for restrictions to be lifted, and with no guarantee that the restrictions won't be extended, it is with huge disappointment that we have taken the decision to cancel Party in the Park 2021.
"However, we have do a date for next year - Party in the Park is planned to be held on Saturday 9th July 2022 and as always, we welcome you all."
The council said it also has a number of smaller events lined up for later on this year, which are:
- Classics in the Park on Sunday, August 8
- Proms in the Park on Saturday, September 4
- Bark in the Park on Sunday, September 5
- The week-long 'Celebrate Rushden' event is planned to be held between Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, October 3 with a whole host of events to look forward to and finishing with a Rushden favourite, the Soap Box Derby on Sunday, October 3
- The annual Christmas light switch-on
Message from the editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
In order for us to continue to provide trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive.
We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.