Joseph sends Diamonds into the semi-finals

AFC Rushden & Diamonds boss Andy Peaks
AFC Rushden & Diamonds boss Andy Peaks

AFC Rushden & Diamonds booked their place in the last four of the ChromaSport & Trophies United Counties League Knockout Cup with a 1-0 success at Premier Division rivals Yaxley.

Having taken just one point from their two meetings in the league, Andy Peaks’ side gained some revenge thanks to Scott Joseph’s goal just past the hour.

It proved to be a night to forget for Desborough Town and Wellingborough Town in the Premier Division league action, however.

Ar Tarn ended the game with nine men as they suffered a 3-2 home defeat to rock-bottom Long Buckby, who picked up just their third win of the season.

The two teams shared four goals in the first 28 minutes with Desborough’s Leo Adams twice cancelling out goals from Muzi Nduna-Ndlovu and Elliott Herbert.

But it was the visitors who clinched the winning goal after the break through Nkosi Mzungwana before Desborough had two players sent off.

The Doughboys, meanwhile, slipped to a 2-0 home defeat to AFC Kempston Rovers.

Danny Winfield gave the visitors a first-half lead and Ash Fuller completed the victory in the last minute.

A hard-working display wasn’t enough for Irchester United as they lost 3-0 at Northampton Spencer, who moved back to the top of Division One as a result.

Deanio Bailey-Browne gave the hosts the lead in the first half but it needed two goals in as many minutes late on to finish the job as Ryan Dove and Ryan Lovell completed the scoring.

Thrapston Town had goalkeeper Liam Fox sent off after just three minutes but still earned a 3-3 draw at strugglers St Neots Town Saints.

Fox saw red early on after he brought down Ebey Marango and the hosts took the lead through Dan Hobbs on 13 minutes.

Thrapston fought back to lead 2-1 at the break thanks to Jason Taylor and Dom Bucciero but Saints pulled level again through Dean Cracknell in the second half.

Jack Wisniewski put Thrapston in front again but they were denied a win by an 86th-minute penalty as Kane Gilbert beat stand-in goalkeeper Jedd Whiteman from the spot.

Rock-bottom Stewarts & Lloyds slipped to another defeat but at least restored some pride after their 12-0 thrashing at the hands of Spencer last weekend.

The Foundrymen went down 3-1 to Bourne Town who took a 2-0 lead through Josh Hales and Aris Placis before Hales made it three early in the second half.

Dany Reid pulled a goal back for the hosts but that was as good as it got.

Don’t miss more news from our local United Counties League clubs in Thursday’s Northamptonshire Telegraph