Devastating Diamonds crush Sileby

AFC Rushden & Diamonds boss Andy Peaks
AFC Rushden & Diamonds boss Andy Peaks

AFC Rushden & Diamonds produced a devastating first-half display as they crushed Sileby Rangers 8-1 in the ChromaSport & Trophies United Counties League Premier Division.

Jason Turner scored a second hat-trick in the space of the week and opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the Dog & Duck before Dominic Okanu equalised.

But Diamonds were out of sight by half-time as Tom Lorraine put them back in front before Turner added his second and Elliott Lamb-Johnson got in on the act.

Fazel Koriya scored the fifth and there was time for Turner to complete his treble before the break.

Adam Confue made it 7-1 early in the second half and Liam Dolman completed the scoring with 11 minutes to go.

The big game of the day in Division One went the way of Whitworth as they edged out local rivals Thrapston Town by a 3-2 scoreline.

Curtis Taylor-Jacob put Thrapston in front before Remy Brittain equalised and then James Gorman gave the Flourmen a half-time lead.

Ross Patrick struck to make it 3-1 with seven minutes to go and it meant Dan Grainger’s late penalty for the visitors was to be nothing more than a consolation.

Raunds Town moved into second place as they beat Buckingham Town 3-0 at Kiln Park, despite being reduced to 10 men.

Buckingham missed a first-half penalty but the second half belonged to the Shopmates and, in particular, Karl King who struck a 28-minute hat-trick to secure the points.

Rushden & Higham United picked up a much-needed first win in nine matches as they saw off St Neots Saints 4-0 at Hayden Road.

The Lankies raced into a two-goal lead thanks to Jory Mann and Daryl Lawman and Aidy Mann’s side struck twice more after the break with Craig Lawman making it 3-0 before Jory Mann grabbed his second.

Alex Cross suffered a defeat on his home debut as manager of Stewarts & Lloyds as they slipped to a 10th successive loss in the league as Olney Town won 5-1 at Occupation Road.

Deanio Bailey-Browne opened the scoring before Daryl Smith and Sam O’Neill made it 3-0 by half-time.

Danny Webb and Jared Blunden made the points safe after the break while Lewis Good scored S&L’s consolation.