It’s about to get difficult for James King Blisworth

The hard work starts next week for Northants Combination Premier Division new boys James King Blisworth, after winning the second successive match against their fellow promoted sides.

Last week’s goal scoring hero Jay Veyra was at the forefront again, netting the opener in the 3-0 defeat of Stanion Quantum Print.

Andy Seaton and Edward Still chipped in with the other strikes that ended the opposition’s winning run of eight matches, and their first defeat since February, an away defeat which came at the hands of the same opponents.

Welford made it two from two with a 6-1 home win over Heyford. Craig Cassidy was the stand-out scorer netting four with Nick Coales adding two from midfield.

Jay Arnold twice turned provider for Paul Simpson who scored both of Weldon’s goals in the first half against Kettering Nomads.

The first came from Arnold’s through ball while a lofted pass set-up a tight angled volley for the second. The visitors were unable to muster a reply giving Weldon a comfortable win.

Two-goal Ash McGee was Milton’s hero putting his side on the road to a clear win over Pegasus. The brace ended a five year wait for a home league win over the Corby outfit.

Danny Jackson netted an early opener for Ringstead but his side surrendered the half time lead to draw 1-1 at home to reigning champions Harpole.

Brixworth struggled away at Moulton, failing to really get into the game. Adey Redmond and Nick Ling both notched to give Moulton a comfortable victory. Junior Campbell meanwhile found the net for the third time in two games to secure a share of the points for S&L Khalsa in their tie with Roade.

Denton’s league debut in Division One saw them involved in the lowest scoring match in the division.

That statistic will be of small consequence, however, as they made the trip to Orchard Park and returned home with a maiden win in the bag. Johnny Shakespeare and Ryan Machardie netted either side of Laurent Burie’s goal for the hosts ending the match 2-1 in Denton’s favour.

Moving from low scoring to high, three sides notched seven goals.

The apogee came at Burton Latimer where home side Burton United hosted Stanwick.

Scoring four goals is usually enough to win a game, but for Burton it was not to be as Stanwick got the better of an eleven goal thriller.

Lee Gener scored three for Corby Locos, who thumped Wootton 7-1. John Gribben added a brace while Jamie Ellis picked up the visitor’s consolation.

Kislingbury also ran in seven at home to Gretton. Despite a slow start the hosts were 4-0 up at half time, adding three more after the break.

There were also seven goals at Finedon, but they were shared between Volta and Ise Lodge. The hosts had held a two-goal advantage at half time, but ran out of steam shipping five after the break. Mark Northover did the damage with a quick fire treble. Earls Barton meanwhile collected a second successive 4-1 win on the road at Medbourne.

Paul Southey and Dean King scored a goal apiece to put Wilby in top spo in Division Two.

Their goals secured a 2-1 win over Spratton and ensured that the newcomers are the only side to win both the opening matches so far.

Corby Eagles failed to make it two home wins on the spin against Wellingborough opposition as they were held 1-1 by Rising Sun. Stephen Harrison opened the scoring inside two minutes, taking advantage of a defensive mistake to slot the ball home with the outside of his foot.

The Eagles were guilty of squandering a series of further chances which ultimately cost them the win. Rising Sun equalised shortly after the hour with an unstoppable free-kick.

Old Grammarians must be sick of the sight of Corby sides as they were thumped for the second successive week.

Red Star followed up last week’s finishing master class by going nap at the Memorial Sports Ground. George Mackay was the standout this week netting a brace.

For Old Grammarians, next week brings relief in the shape of a trip north to Clipston.

Last time out Daventry Comms were narrowly beaten by a single goal. This week saw a reversal of fortune as the same margin was sufficient to secure the points at Strip Mills. A high-scoring affair saw the visitors leave 5-4 victors.

Weedon made it two wins from two in Division Three after defeating Walgrave away.

Jake Hinton netted a consolation for the home side who have never won their opening fixture in Division Three.

Gleneagles bounced back from last week’s hammering to steal a point from West Haddon. George MacArthur grabbed a brace for Haddon, but Marcus Dowman and Connor Hartwell struck back to draw the Wellingborough side level.

Northampton-based side SPA enjoyed victory in their debut match against relegated Great Doddington. Andrew Merritt notched the only goal of the game.

The early signs for Grange Park Rangers suggest that the forward line is prolific, yet defence is an area of weakness. Matthew Street, Lewis Kelly and Lee Cowley found the target for the hosts, but it was visiting Drayton Grange who still emerged victorious.

Darren Taylor scored three interspersed by efforts by Jake Sanderson and Richard O’Malley.

Six-goal derby wins for Borough Alliance and Corby Ravens saw both sides extend an early lead at the top of Division Four.

Baz Panter and Danny Wright scored a brace apiece as Wilbarston were swept aside 6-1. Nikki Bell had Wilbarston’s reply.

Corby Ravens meanwhile hosted Corby United where Dean Mitchell and Jamie Irvine were among the goals. Mitchell picked up a hat-trick with Irvine a brace.

The Ravens were the only Corby side in the division to take all three points, as Kingswood drew with AFC Rothwell, while Hellenic Fisher and Albion Vikings lost. Aaron Gibson netted a crucial second goal for Higham Town to seal the win over Hellenic after Alex Williams had equalised Shaun Melville’s opener.

Scott Kerr and Scott McKinnon both scored for Albion Vikings, but Sean Hamblin, Kane Robinson and Phil Chapman replied to give Desborough & Rothwell United maximum points in their first competitive fixture.

With Brixworth and Bugbrooke A cancelling each other out, Blisworth took full advantage and moved clear at the top of the Reserve Premier Division after smashing derby opponents Milton 9-0 with two players picking up hat-tricks.

Rob Kirby netted three including an early penalty, but the plaudits belong to Alex Waynforth who came off the bench for the last 20 minutes to bag a treble of his own.

Defending champions Weldon recovered from last weekend’s defeat, coming from behind twice to win at home to Northampton Spencer. Jordan Richards took advantage of a defensive mistake to put Spencer ahead in the first half, only for Liam Duffy to equalise before the break.

A second defensive slip after the restart allowed Richards in to double his tally for the afternoon, but from there fortune deserted Spencer and instead smiled on Weldon.

Super-sub Jay Arnold came on and scored a second half hat-trick of his own to give Weldon an unlikely 4-2 victory.

A hat-trick and a brace were also to be found in the Pegasus-Harpole tie at West Glebe. Sadly for the hosts both feats were in the visitor’s favour. Harry Winters netted twice while Aaron Crampton got scored on both sides of the break on his way to a hat-trick. Pegasus did claw one goal back through player-manager Paul Gallacher.

First-half goals from David O’Neill and Sean Wright set Weldon A on the way to a comfortable win over Bugbrooke B in Reserve Division One.

David Logan capped the scoring with a tap-in as Weldon maintained a second successive clean sheet to keep them in top spot.

Second-placed Stanion Quantum Print had to work much harder for a home win over Heyford. Alex Brunero and Ben Shellswell scored for the visitors but Matthew Keenleyside grabbed a vital treble to maintain the unbeaten start. Dan Thomas and Craig Tatlock scored for Medbourne in the 2-0 defeat of Earls Barton. The defeat leaves Barton with nothing to show from their first two games.

Kislingbury and Orchard Park, meanwhile, drew 2-2.

Spratton and Higham Town top the table in Reserve Division Two after two successive wins.

Higham had to work hardest for their victory holding out for 4-3 success at Corby Hellenic. The hosts Terry Allan scored twice but it was in vain as Hellenic could not find another goal to snatch a point.

Spratton had no such difficulty sweeping aside a young Volta second-string 5-0.

Wilby sit third after taking a point from their match with Redstar. Liam Danns scored For Wilby before Sam Lawless fired in the Corby side’s reply.

A James Blackwell double and a late Luke Nibbs goal gave Harborough ‘A’ a first ever win against West Haddon, while Wollaston won their opener with FC Titchmarsh.