Boucaud is back at Poppies

Andre Boucaud is back and determined to show what he can do for Kettering Town in Blue Square Premier.

The midfielder made a shock return to the A-Line Arena yesterday when he put pen to paper on a deal for the new campaign, which gets under way at home to Forest Green Rovers on Saturday.

Boucaud, who played for the Poppies under Morell Maison in the season before last, made his playing return by completing a highly impressive performance in last night's 1-0 win at Rothwell Town as Kettering retained the Newlands Shield.

The former Peterborough United man was with Coca-Cola League Two side Wycombe Wanderers last season where first-team opportunities came few and far between.

And he is hoping to establish himself at Kettering again and help them in a successful return to non-League football's top flight.

Boucaud said: "It feels good to be back. I had some interest from

Kettering and there were offers from others but I know this club and I am really happy to be here again.

"Just from the game last night I can see there are some very good

players here.

"The club did brilliantly last season and I liked it here before. It's a great opportunity for me.

"It was a frustrating time at Wycombe because I was involved but just wasn't playing. But I have another chance now to get my head down and show what I can do.

I don't know the manager that well but he is a decent guy and I am just determined to work really hard for him and then take it from there."

Poppies boss Mark Cooper was pleased with his newest signing's

display last night and believes he could prove to be a key figure.

"Andre has signed and it's another body for us and what he gives us is that bit of quality on the ball," he said.

"He's technically very good and we know we can rely on him to keep the ball in tight situations.

"I thought he did well last night and that makes it four central

midfield players so there is competition in there."

It wasn't all good news for the Poppies, however, as Cooper confirmed David Galbraith was taken to hospital after it was suspected he suffered two cracked ribs during the first half at Cecil Street.