Police in Wellingborough have stepped up patrols across the town after more than 100 incidents of criminal damage in the space of just two months.
Police have received reports of 120 separate incidents involving damage to vehicles in the past eight weeks.
Most of these involve wing mirrors being broken off or damaged.
The Redwell Wards, Queensway Ward and Kingsway Ward have been the worst affected, though there have been reports of incidents across the whole of the town.
In light of the crimewave, police are issuing the following crime prevention advice:
- Leave your vehicle in a garage or driveway if you have one; if not, park in a well-lit, open place.
- Tuck in wing mirrors and put aerials down to discourage vandalism.
- If vehicles are parked on the road, park in a bright area.
- Consider purchasing sensor security lights and CCTV cameras as a form of deterrent.
- Be vigilant and report any suspicious circumstances to the police or crime stoppers.
Witnesses or anyone with any information about the criminal damage can call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.