Wellingborough mum hoping to be crowned Face of the Globe in beauty pageant

Natalie Allen is taking part in a competition called Face of the Globe
Natalie Allen is taking part in a competition called Face of the Globe

A full-time mum-of-one is vying to be crowned the Face of the Globe by competing in the regional heats of the competition in London.

Natalie Allen from Wellingborough has already taken part in the grand finals of Miss British Empire UK competiton.

In August of this year she achieved a top six finish in the ‘Mrs’ category.

Now Natalie, 30, will be entering the Face Of The Globe, an annual international beauty pageant hosted over one week in the UK and Disneyland Paris.

Natalie will face the judges over three rounds in a trio of outfits, one for a casual occasion, one in party wear and finally an evening gown round.

At the same time the ladies will be assessed on aspects of their character hoping to win either Miss Personality, Miss Publicity or Miss Charity.

Miss Charity is awarded to the finalist who has raised the biggest amount for the foundation, a charity founded by X Factor’s Chico Slimani.

Natalie wants to raise as much money as possible before the pageant in November and with 90% of all funds raised by the finalists donated to the cause, the remaining 10% will be donated to the charity of the highest fundraiser’s choice.

If she wins the title Natalie has nominated a charity helping sufferers of systemic sclerosis, an auto-immune condition, to benefit from a cash boost.

Natalie has the condition which affects her skin, especially on her lungs and fingers, which sometimes makes it difficult for her to look after her six-month-old son Star.

Natalie said: “ I also suffer from Secondary Raynaud’s syndrome as a result of the systemic sclerosis which means my fingertips are very painful.

“It’s very hard for me to change Star’s nappies especially now he’s getting so mobile.

“Luckily my husband, Adloy, and my mum, Lyneth, are really good at helping.”

Natalie is planning to sell her wedding dress on ebay to kick start her fundraising and hopes to organise a sponsored event before the finals.

If she wins, Natalie will be flown to Disneyland Paris for the finals, to represent England in the world finals.