A trip around the county
In the first of a new series, we have been raiding our archives for pictures of towns and villages in the north of the county from years gone by. This week, the East Northants village of Aldwincle.
First picture, the redundant All Saints Church, pictured in 1971. The church became disused after the parish was united with that of St Peter’s, and it was declared redundant in 1976.
Second picture, the former rectory, pictured in 1957, known as Dryden House due to the fact the poet John Dryden was born there in 1631.
Third picture, Aldwincle in 1996.