Editors note: Due to an editorial error, our correspondent, Janet Cutmore, has told us that an old column for Stanwick has appeared in this week’s Down Your Way section, printed in the Northamptonshire Telegraph. We apologise for this error and are happy to publish this correct version online.
* The entertainment at Stanwick Club on Saturday evening will be provided by ‘The Sound Injectors’, a female fronted five-piece band, with their ska, reggae, pop, blues and disco covers from the 1960s to the present day. Members and bona fide guests are welcome, and new members are always welcome. Ask at the bar for details or visit www.stanwickclub.com for more information.
* The Nene Valley Astronomical Society will be visiting Stanwick Lakes between 7 and 9pm on Saturday to enjoy some ‘Autumn Stargazing’. Normal car parking charges apply.
* There will be a service of Compline at 7pm on Friday (October 7) at St Mary’s Church, Ringstead, a service of Holy Communion at 11am on Sunday at St Laurence Church, Stanwick, and a service of Evensong at 6pm at St. Peter’s Church, Raunds. A service of Home Communion will take place at the Foresters at 10.45am on Wednesday. Everyone welcome.
* A ‘Flowers and Fruit’ Mixed Media Drawing Workshop will take place at Stanwick Lakes between 10.30am and 1pm on Monday. The workshop costs £15 and will focus on observational drawing skills, techniques for drawing accurate shape, adding detail, texture and colour. This workshop is suitable for all abilities, whether you are looking to gain confidence and improve your drawing, or learn new skills. Booking in advance is essential. To check the availability of spaces, please contact tutor Catherine Matthews on 07931 103204, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Learn to use acrylics to paint Christmas cards with the personal touch at a workshop at Stanwick Lakes on Tuesday, October 18, between 10.30am and 1pm. The cost of the workshop is £18, and you do not need to have any drawing skills, as this workshop is also suitable for absolute beginners. Book your place on workshop by calling Chris Kinsey on 01933 460676.
* The Raunds Ukulele Orchestra will be meeting next Thursday, October 13, at 7.30pm in the Community Enterprise Centre, Raunds (opposite the Spa). If you would like to learn to play the ukulele, please visit www.raundsukulele.co.uk for information about the next course.
* Keep the date of Saturday, October 29, free for a Halloween event being held at Stanwick Village Hall, which is being organised by the Village Hall Trust. ‘Spooky Stanwick’, with spooky story telling, etc, a disco, pie and chips, will take place between 6.30pm and midnight. Fancy Dress optional. Tickets £12 for adults and £8 for children (under 16), from the shop@stanwick.