Scheme offers free advice

People can get advice about their care and support options as well as independent financial advice through a newly launched care service.

Northamptonshire County Council has signed up to My Care My Home, which offers a free, face-to-face advice service through home visits aimed at helping people find a suitable home care provider, or care in sheltered or Extra Care schemes and care homes.

The service also offers people advice about the cost of care and the funding options available to them, how they can adapt their existing home to meet their requirements and, if necessary, help people let or sell their home.

Northamptonshire County Council can refer individuals to the scheme who have savings or assets over the value of £23,250, although the service is also open to people who want to use it directly.

For details, call 0800 731 8470, visit or email