The home of a popular former Kettering hardware shop which closed its doors for the last time shortly after Christmas could be converted into four retail units and 18 flats.
Burtons was a fixture in Montagu Street for almost a century after it opened in 1920.
The business had been founded more than a decade earlier and operated from a shop in West Street.
It was run by several generations of the same family.
A planning application has now been submitted to Kettering Council to convert the store at 6-10 Montagu Street into four retail units and 18 flats.
The plans, submitted by Mr K Gunes, also ask for permission for “extension and alterations” to the site.
Kettering Council is aiming to make a decision on the scheme by May 21.