Who is the best chippy in north Northants?
We are on the look-out to find the best chippy of 2019.
Cod or haddock? Mushy peas or curry sauce, with or without salt and vinegar, there’s nothing we Brits love more than a fish supper from the local chippy, and with literally thousands of chip shops in the UK everyone has their favourite!
Now we want you to tell us which of your local chippies gets your vote.
It could be because of the freshly-cooked food, traditional style dishes, or the select and exclusive dishes you can find in only the place you use.
Perhaps you love the friendly staff, the traditional style or the way your fish is fried.
We have drawn up a shortlist of chip shops and restaurants which will compete for the title of Chip Shop of the Year 2019.
You've only got a few days to choose. So, who is deserving of a ‘plaice’ in the list of top finalists?
To vote for any of the chippys on the list, simply buy a copy of this week's Northants Telegraph (dated November 14), and fill out and return the coupon on page 32.
Photocopied or defaced coupons will not be accepted.
Hand-delivered coupons to the office or coupons received after the closing date will also not be accepted.
Closing date for votes is Thursday, November 21.
Here are the nominees - remember, you can only vote by sending in a coupon from this week's Northants Telegraph:
1. Atlantis Fish Bar, 234 Windmill Avenue, Kettering
2. Avondale Chippy, 113 Avondale Road, Kettering
3. Barton Chippy, 13 Belvoir Drive, Barton Seagrave
4. Bignal Fish and Chips Ltd, 1 Bignal Court, Kettering
5. Blue Atlantic Fish And Chips, 127-129 Doddington Road, Wellingborough
6. Chip Stop, 92 Rockingham Road, Corby
7. Deb’s Fish Bar, 171 Wellingborough Road, Rushden
8. Desborough Fish Bar, 68 Station Road, Desborough
9. Evergreen Fish & Chips, Hayden Road, Rushden
10. Finedon’s Finest Fish & Chips, 28 Wellingborough Road, Finedon
11. Georgia’s Fish Bar, 4 Westfields Terrace, Rushden
12. Gold Street Fish Bar, 40 Gold Street, Wellingborough
13. Grange Fish Bar, 2 Grange Place, Kettering
14. Irchester Fish Bar, 12 Wollaston Road, Irchester
15. Joe’s Traditional Fish and Chips, 77 St John’s Road, Kettering
16. Kevin’s Fish Bar, 23 High Street, Raunds
17. Lords Chippy And Kebab, 129 High Street, Rushden
18. MD’s Fish Bar, 147 London Road, Kettering
19. Nemo’s Fish Bar, 31A Oxford Street, Wellingborough
20. Nick’s Fish & Chips, 83 Rockingham Road, Kettering
21. Oakley Fish Bar, 5 Charter Court, Corby
22. Ocean Fish Bar, 11 Pytchley Court, Kettering
23. Old Village Fish And Chip Shop, 60 High Street, Corby
24. Pink Dolphin Fish And Chips, 2 Olympic Way, Wellingborough
25. Raunds Fishbar, 2 Hill Street, Raunds
26. Red Cafe Fish N Chips, 6 Higham Road, Rushden
27. Studfall Chippy, 184 Studfall Avenue, Corby
28. T A Bros Fish Bar, 177 Grangeway, Rushden
29. TA Bros Fish Bar, 85 High Street, Desborough
30. Traditional Fish & Chips, High Street, Broughton
31. Wellingborough Fish & Chips, 91A Wellingborough Road, Finedon
32. Werrington’s Fish and Chips, 63 Stamford Road, Kettering.