Emergency services will NEVER say call your mates for help when your bathroom is on fire.
But one off-duty firefighter did just that when a 999 call led to Burton Latimer station rushing to a house in Grimsthorpe Avenue, Kettering, at around 6pm on Saturday.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue said: "We were mobilised to assist one of our own crew members when a fire broke out involving their electric shower.
"Our firefighters used thermal image cameras to check for signs of fire spread and luckily no serious damage was done.
"It just goes to prove that fire can happen to anyone at any time."
Message from the editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
In order for us to continue to provide trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper while out for your essential shopping.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.