Firefighters called to Kettering garden fire
Firefighters were called to a garden fire in Lindsay Street, Kettering, earlier this evening (Wednesday) following reports of large plumes of smoke.
A spokesman for the fire service said a crew attended and found the fire was caused by a resident burning items.
The spokesman said the resident was given advice by the fire service.
The fire had sparked concerned posts on social media with Kettering residents wondering what had caused the large plums of smoke seen close to the town centre.
There was a smell of smoke across the town.
Lindsay Street is close to St Andrew's Church near the town centre.