Northamptonshire Sport is looking for your vote in the annual awards to celebrate those who ‘make sport happen’ in the county.
If you have been inspired by a local athlete; motivated by a coach; proud of your club; want to celebrate your team success, then nominate them now and reward those who make sport happen in Northamptonshire.
Now in their 11th year, the awards showcase the very best of sporting talent and dedication in Northamptonshire. Short-listers will receive an exclusive invite to the prestigious Northamptonshire Sports Awards ceremony organised by Northamptonshire Sport, where county winners will be announced and celebrated in style.
Alongside the county awards, there are district awards in Corby, Daventry, Kettering and Northampton. Winners from these awards are put forward, alongside nominations from other parts of the county for consideration by the Northamptonshire Sports Awards Panel.
Chris Holmes, director of Northamptonshire Sport, said: “Our annual Northamptonshire Sports Awards highlight those making outstanding contributions to sport and physical activity in our county. It is their passion and effort that keeps Northamptonshire at the forefront of sport and activity and they are the local heroes inspiring the next generation.”
He added: “We are very proud to run the Northamptonshire Sports Awards, they showcase the tremendous work of the sports people, clubs, volunteers and various organisations that do so much to promote sport in the county.”
“The Awards are your chance to celebrate your sporting heroes and those who have made outstanding contributions to sport and physical activity in Northamptonshire by nominating them now.”
The 2015 Northamptonshire Sports Awards are sponsored by Everyone Active and the Award Categories reflect the excellent achievements of both the community and performance side of sport.
The awards are listed below:
* Community Club of the Year
* Community Team of the year (sponsored by Mercedes AMG Petronas)
* Performance Team of the Year
* Community Coach of the Year
* Performance Coach of the Year (sponsored by Moulton College)
* Volunteer of the Year (sponsored by The University of Northampton)
* Primary Sport School of the Year (sponsored by Create Development)
* Secondary Sport School of the Year (sponsored by Create Development)
* Active Workplace Award
* Sports Project of the Year
* Get Active
* Young Leader of the year
* Young Sportswoman of the Year
* Young Sportsman of the Year (sponsored by Tresham College)
* Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year (sponsored by Wellingborough Norse)
* Local Sportswoman of the Year (sponsored by Ricoh UK)
* Local Sportsman of the Year (sponsored by Everyone Active)
* Long time contribution to sport (sponsored by Decathlon)
* Sports Photograph of the Year (NEW award for 2015)
If you would like to nominate an individual or club please complete the nomination form at www.northamptonshiresport.org/sportsawards or call Northamptonshire Sport for more information on 01604 366976. Get your nominations in by Friday September 25, 2015.
The final award is the Northamptonshire Sports Personality 2015 (sponsored by Travis Perkins). This year there is a fantastic line up of contenders from across the county who have all excelled at the highest level in their sport over the past year. The nominees are:
* Hannah Barnes - Cycling
* Chantelle Cameron – Boxing
* Callum Clark – Northampton Saints RFC.
* Lucy Hatton – Athletics
* Charley Hull – Golf
* Daniel Keatings – Gymnastics
* Meghan MacLaren – Golf
* Mark Richards – Northampton Town Football Club
* Eleanor Robinson – Disability swimming
* Jamie Walker – Bowls
* David Willey – Northamptonshire County Cricket Club / Steelbacks
Voting for the Sports Personality of the Year is open to everyone in the County and can be done via www.northamptonshiresport.org/sportsawards
The awards will take place on the evening of Thursday, November 12.
Northamptonshire Sport would like to thank their sponsors for their continued support in helping to run this great celebration of sport in the county. For further sponsorship opportunities please contact Northamptonshire Sport on 01604 366976 or email email@example.com