Man rescued from Kettering house fire

Fire engine
Fire engine

A man was rescued from a property in Kettering after a fire broke out over the weekend.

Crews from Kettering, Corby and Burton Latimer attended the fire in King Street which broke out at about 9.20pm on Saturday, March 12.

A man had to be rescued from the first floor of the property and was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

A Northants Fire spokesman says it is believed that the fire started from an electrical fault, possibly from a heater.

Firefighters stayed at the scene until shortly after 1am.