Man rescued from house fire in Corby

editorial image
Share this article

A 21-year-old man was rescued from a house in Corby by firefighters after cooking left unattended caused a blaze.

Two crews from the town and one from Kettering attended the fire at the house in Eastbrook, on the Kingswood estate, at 4.35am on Monday (August 26).

The man was rescued from a bedroom and was given medical attention at the scene by paramedics.

The kitchen was severely damaged and there was smoke damage to the rest of the property.