House in Northamptonshire caught fire because of bird’s nest

Firefighters were called to the scene
Firefighters were called to the scene

Firefighters were called out to a blaze that started when the chimney of a house in Northamptonshire caught fire.

Three crews were sent to Mill Street, in the village of Duddington at about 10.40pm last night (Tuesday).

The fire service said this morning they believed an old bird’s nest may have been accidentally ignited and caused the flames.

No-one was hurt as a result.