Firefighters attend house fire in Rushden believed to have started as a chimney fire

A witness at the scene described the homeowner looking on "in horror" as firefighters tried to put out the fire

By Megan Hillery
Tuesday, 15th December 2020, 6:40 pm

Firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire on Wellingborough Road in Rushden earlier this afternoon (December 15)

The cause of the fire is yet to be confirmed but it is believed to have started as a chimney fire.

A witness at the scene described the homeowner looking on in “horror” as firefighters endeavoured to contain the fire.

Firefighters are currently attending a fire on Wellingborough Road in Rushden.

The witness added that firefighters warned onlookers of the dangers of not regularly cleaning chimneys and having smoke detectors in homes.

It is understood that the homeowner and her pets are safe.

The Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service has been contacted for comment.