New appeal six months after David Ross murder

Les Ross, who was beaten to death six months ago
Les Ross, who was beaten to death six months ago
Share this article

On Monday, June 17, it will be six months since the murder of Corby businessman David Ross and detectives say they are building a clearer picture of the circumstances that led to his death.

Mr Ross, better known as Les, was found in his hotel room in the town’s Village Inn Express by a member of the hotel’s staff on Monday, December 17. He had been beaten to death.

As the six-month anniversary of Mr Ross’s death approaches, the investigation team are once again appealing for any outstanding information from the Corby community.

Detective Inspector Martin Kinchin, who is leading the investigation, said: “We have gathered a lot of information regarding the last movements of Mr Ross and now have a much better idea of the circumstances that led to his death.

“We are grateful to Les’s family, his friends and many members of the public who have enabled us to build this picture.

“But there are still a few loose ends we are looking to tie up and I believe the answers lie within people who were in The Jamb that Monday morning.

“While Les was quite a private person, we now know he sometimes confided in friends and as a popular man in the in the nightclub arena he spent a lot of time talking with women.

“On the weekend he died he would have spoken to hundreds of people and we are still keen to hear from anybody who spoke to him, particularly women who he often spent longer talking to.”

Detective Inspector Kinchin said there was now more information about the man captured by CCTV crossing Chapel Lane during the early hours of that Monday morning.

He added: “We believe that man entered the car park and got into a Vauxhall Insignia car which was then driven off along Rockingham Road.

“We also believe this man entered the Chocolate Shop in The Jamb at around 7.40am on the day of the murder.

“If you have more information about this man, then please contact the murder incident room on 101.

“We would also like to hear from anyone who was waiting at the bus stop in The Jamb at that time of the morning. If you were in the Jamb, and haven’t spoken to us, please come forward.”

A 39-year-old man from Corby has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of the murder of Mr Ross.