Braybrooke Traveller site blaze 'caused by electrical fault'

Multiple vehicles were severely damaged

Monday, 18th January 2021, 11:09 am
Updated Monday, 18th January 2021, 11:12 am
The scene last night. Credit: Desborough Fire Station

A blaze which tore through vehicles at a Braybrooke Traveller site is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Crews from Desborough, Rothwell and Kettering were called to the incident at about 6.30pm last night (Sunday), which a fire service spokesman said was at the Greenfields Traveller site.

Multiple vehicles including two caravans, a horse box and two trailers were severely damaged by the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The scene last night. Credit: Desborough Fire Station

Nobody was injured in the incident, which the spokesman said they believed was caused by an electrical fault.

A Desborough Fire Station spokesman said: "The incident commander deployed firefighting teams to stop the spread, supporting crews included Rothwell Fire Station and Kettering Fire Station utilising the water bowser from Kettering due to no water supplies locally."

The scene last night. Credit: Desborough Fire Station