Chimney collapses into Kettering street
A chimney has fallen off a roof and into the road in King Street, Kettering, earlier this morning (Tuesday).
The road is currently closed while emergency services are at the scene and motorists are being told to avoid King Street.
Two crews from Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the collapsed chimney at around 10am this morning.
Police are also now on the scene to help with the road closure
No one was hurt in the incident.
According to comments on social media, a car was damaged but a police spokesman said they have no record of this at the moment.
Dengsky Manasala, who lives in King Street, said: "I was in my bedroom getting ready for my GP appointment [and I] did not see how it happened but heard a loud noise [which] made me check out the window but [I] didn't see anything wrong.
"I came down to get a cup of tea then noticed there is a fireman walking down my street.
"So I checked again, this time I went out and [saw] two fire trucks outside."
Dengsky said there was some rubble on a few cars in the street.
The road is currently closed and police said they will update when it is open again.