Car fire spread to neighbouring garages

Fire engine
Fire engine

An electrical fault started a fire in a car which spread to two neighbouring garages in Jasmine Road, Kettering, last night.

Fire crews from the town were called to the scene at about 8.45pm and found a Ford C-Max ablaze.

Firefighters used hose reels and jets to put out the fire, which destroyed the car and caused smoke damage to two homes.

Police, ambulance crews and the Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Services were also called to the scene.

A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire Service said an electrical fault in the Ford C-Max is thought to have caused the fire.