NEW homes still under construction have been broken into by vandals.
They broke into the building site in Occupation Road, Corby, between February 3 and 10 and between February 13 and 20, where extensive damage was caused to the front doors, patio doors and windows of the homes, causing “substantial” financial loss.
Mick Buckley, project manager for Sapphire Homes at the site, said about 15 of the 27 homes had been affected by three spates of vandalism in the past month, causing thousands of pounds worth of damage.
He said: “Most of the damage was caused by vandals trying to get into the properties.”
Security fencing at the site has now been improved.
Witnesses are asked to call the police on 101.