Fire services across the county were kept busy yesterday, Monday, in call-outs ranging from the unusual to the potentially dangerous.
Yesterday morning a man entered Corby fire station with a ring stuck on his finger, which the crew later cut off with ring cutters.
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service was also called out to a child who was locked in a bedroom in Desborough.
In the afternoon the service was called out to rescue a bird in High Street, Wellingborough, that had became entangled in netting and attended a garage that had been damaged by fire in High Street, Boughton.
However, call outs became more serious in the evening with fire crews attending a fire at John Summers Ltd, Henson Way, Kettering.
Part of the building was severely damaged by fire and the ground floor suffered smoke damage.
A spokesman for the fire service said that the blaze was caused by accident when a piece of plastic fell into a laser cutting machine.