Find out when Rushden Lakes cinema is re-opening and what safety measures will be in place
Film fans don't have long to wait until Cineworld re-opens at the retail and leisure complex
Film fans don't have long to wait until Cineworld re-opens at Rushden Lakes.
Cineworld bosses have confirmed that their cinemas in England and Scotland will start welcoming customers back on Wednesday, May 19.
This includes Cineworld in the leisure terrace at Rushden Lakes.
A number of safety measures have been put in place to provide a safe environment for staff and customers, including social distancing, staggered film start and end times, and hand sanitising stations.
Safety measures will include:
- Social distancing measures have been implemented across all areas within the cinema in line with local government guidelines as required
- Distanced allocated seating has been adopted in screens to ensure social distancing is maintained between customers from different households
- Film start and end times will be staggered to allow customers to exit without crossing paths with customers going in or out of other screens. Additional cleaning time has also been added between films
- The cinema chain's cleaning standards have been enhanced by a cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the high touch points within the cinema
- Perspex screens have been added to concessions areas to ensure that both staff and customers are protected where safe distancing cannot be maintained
- Tills will accept contactless card payments up to a value of £45 and Apple Pay/Google Pay mobile payments with no limit in Cineworld cinemas
- All employees have received specific Covid-19 training and PPE including masks, which have been provided as part of their uniform
- All customers are required to wear a face covering in the cinema, which can only be removed while consuming food and drink
- Hand sanitisers have been provided in the foyer areas of each venue
- Stringent handwashing guidelines have been put in place for all employees to supplement Cineworld's current personal hygiene policy
For more information on the safety measures which will be in place when the cinema re-opens, click here.
Message from the editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
In order for us to continue to provide trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive.
We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.