There’s dozens of events taking place across Northamptonshire over the next seven days, but here’s 10 things we think you might like.
We’ll do our best to include the details in our weekly What’s On listings. (Details must be received by midday on the Friday prior to print publication).
1) A string of conkers competitions will be held on Sunday across Northamptonshire.
The Orlingbury Unofficial Conker Happening (OUCH) will take place on the village green, with registration taking place from 1.30pm. Play starts at 2pm and the cost is £1 per entrant. For more information log on to www.orlingbury.info.
Another event will take place at the Shuckburgh Arms in Southwick. Taking part in this event will cost £10 for adults and £1 for children. Admission is free for those not taking part. Parking will be £2 and the action starts from 10.30am. For more details log onto www.shuckburghpub.co.uk
Starting at noon, another championships will be held at The Ship Inn in Oundle, with the event taking place behind the pub next to the patio bar. Visitors and competitions are asked to take unstrung conkers along. For more information ring The Ship Inn on 01832 273918.
2) Retailers in Wellingborough have joined forces to showcase their wares at a special fashion event due to take place on Saturday.
The fashion show, organised by the Wellingborough Business Improvement District (BID) will be held at Tithe Barn in the town centre.
The shows will start at 11am, 1pm and 3pm and are open to the public on presentation of a free invitation. Invites are available online at the Discover Wellingborough website www.discoverwellingborough.co.uk
3) Shoppers will have the chance to do some early Christmas gift buying this weekend when Lamport Hall hosts its annual craft fair.
The fair will include a range of stalls set inside the former stable block as well as outside.
The hand-made items on sale will include mosaics, stained glass mirrors, jewellery, soaps, jams and chutneys as well as liqueurs and much more.
Admission to the event is £3.50 for adults, £3 for pensioners and £1.50 for children aged between 11 and 16. The halls and gardens open under separate admission between 2pm and 5pm. The fair will be open on Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 5pm.
For more information log onto www.lamporthall.co.uk
4) A hand bell ringing concert will take place tomorrow at All Saints Church, William Street, Kettering, starting at 7pm.
The concert will be performed by the Weldon Hand Bell Ringers. Entry costs £3 per person and £5 for two people. Proceeds will go to the Thorndale Care Home.
5) A photography workshop will take place on Saturday.
The Alfred East Art Gallery workshop will be a full day course starting at the Carpetbaggers War Memorial in Kettering, with a two hour walk.
Tickets cost £35 or £20 for Leisure Pass holders. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01536 315115.
6) Also on Saturday the Rushden Windmill Band will perform at Holy Trinity Church in Rothwell.
The band, which has an 140-year history, offer music ranging from big bands and show tunes through to the classics.
Tickets cost £6 or £5 for concessions, available on the door. The concert will begin at 7.30pm.
7) Level 42 will bring their Running In the Family tour to Northampton’s Royal & Derngate on Sunday.
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets cost £27. To book, ring 01604 624811 or visit www.royalandderngate.co.uk
8) Tap the Table theatre will present Ben Elton’s Gasping, this Sunday at The Picturedrome in Northampton.
Played by a cast of graduates from The University of Northampton’s acting course, it tells the tale of Lockheart Industries who are searching for an innovative product to take the world by storm.
Directed by Nathan Wyer, the show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £8 or £5 for concessions. These are available on the door or, to reserve, email email@example.com
9) More than 40 stalls will be selling vintage goods at Northampton’s Guildhall on Saturday.
The vintage fair will include plenty of clothes dating from between the 1940s and ‘80s as well as homeware, accessories and jewellery. There will also be a tea room.
The event will run from noon until 5pm.
10) A classic car meet will take place at the Queen Eleanor Pub off the A45 in Northampton on Sunday.
The meet will take place at 11.30am. For more information ring Jenny on 01604 646963 or 07833141869.
For a more detailed round-up of what is happening across Northamptonshire, click What’s On