This meaty recipe is full of spice and flavour. It comes from Hao Dang, the owner of Dang’s Vietnamese Cuisine in Northampton.
0.400kg thinly sliced rump steak
1 tsp finely chopped lemon grass
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 finely chopped red Thai chilli
4 tsps fish sauce
2 tsps peanut butter
1 tsp crushed black pepper
2 tsps chilli sauce
2 medium carrots, finely sliced into long strips
5 medium white stemmed pak-choi
1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
4 tsps sugar
4 tsps sesame oil
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
200g crushed peanuts
1 courgette, sliced thinly into long strips
1) Combine lemongrass, half the chilli sauce, half of the fresh chilli, half of the ginger, half of the garlic, black pepper, half of the fish sauce, peanut butter and half of the oil. Add the beef strips, mix and marinate. Leave refrigerated for one hour.
2) Spread beef evenly onto four large skewers.
3) Blanch carrots, courgette and pak-choi in a hot pan of water for 1 minute. Take out and drain.
4) Dressing for vegetables. Combine all remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl, add the cooked vegetables and gently mix all ingredients. Carefully place them onto a large serving plate.
5) Put 2 tbsps of vegetable oil onto a big griddle pan. Turn heat up to the max. Add beef skewers and cook for 2 minutes (1 minute on each side).
6) Remove beef from pan and place skewers on top of vegetables.
Please look out for another great recipe from Hao Dang at Dang’s Restaurant in Wellingborough Road, Northampton, every month.
For reservations and enquiries, please contact:
205 Wellingborough Road
Tel: 01604 607060