Rail users set to be affected by the temporary closure of the Corby to Kettering line will be able to find out more about it next week.
Last month we revealed that the route would close from September 10 to October 24 as part of a £103m project to reinstate the second line.
Network Rail will be holding a public drop-in event at Corby’s railway station on Monday (August 15) from 7am to 6pm to provide more information about the work and ask questions.
Rob McIntosh, route managing director for Network Rail, said: “The project is part of our exciting Midland Main Line upgrade programme that will allow more trains to run, more frequently as well as reducing journey times on the routes which serve the people of Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby, St Pancras and, of course, Kettering and Corby.
“We have been on site for a year installing a second track between Corby and Kettering and now need to carry out more complex works on the bridges and viaducts along the route.
“The safest and most efficient way to do this is while trains are not running.
“I want to thank passengers for their patience while we complete this phase of the work and assure them we will reopen the line as quickly as possible.”
Replacement buses will run between the two stations, although the ticket office and Loco Loco Cafe will remain open.
Jake Kelly, managing director for East Midlands Trains, said: “This is a key stage in the Midland Main Line improvement programme that will help unlock the potential for future journey time improvements and capacity enhancements.
“Our focus in the lead up to the start of the work will be to keep customers informed about their journey options and to make sure they can keep travelling with the minimum inconvenience.
“Along with Network Rail, we’ll also be speaking to local schools, residents and key businesses about the work taking place and the impact on our train service.”