UPDATE: Flowers left for victim of Corby house fire

Flowers have been left outside the house in Brixham Walk, Corby, where a man died on Saturday night following a fire caused by a chip pan

Flowers have been left outside the house in Brixham Walk, Corby, where a man died on Saturday night following a fire caused by a chip pan

1
Have your say

Flowers have been left outside the house where a man died after a major blaze on Saturday night.

A 46-year-old man died in the fire in Brixham Walk, Corby, which was started by a chip pan on the stove in the kitchen at 7.55pm.

Two other people, a man and a woman both aged 24, managed to escape via a first floor window.

Flowers have been left outside the house and tributes have also been paid on social media to the victim who has not been formally identified by police yet.

However, he has been named locally as Craig Robertson, 46, of Corby and Corby Town Football Club has tweeted, sending its condolences to family and friends of the Corby Town fan.

At the height of the fire there were five pumps and a total of 30 firefighters tackling the blaze.

Flowers have been left outside the house in Brixham Walk, Corby

Flowers have been left outside the house in Brixham Walk, Corby

The victim was confirmed dead at the scene and the blaze is not being treated as suspicious.

Smoke alarms were found in a bag inside the property, with no batteries in them.

Officers from Northamptonshire Police are supporting the family at this time.