Two men rescued from Corby bedsit after Boxing Day blaze

Two men were rescued from the bedsit in Corby.
Two men were rescued from the bedsit in Corby.
2
Have your say

Two men had to be rescued from a first floor bedsit in Corby after a blaze which left the kitchen area badly damaged.

The incident took place shortly before 5.30am on Boxing Day (December 26) at the property in Seaton Crescent, with two crews from Corby and one from Kettering remaining at the scene until 7am.

Two male occupants in their 20s were rescued by fire officers, with both taken to hospital by ambulance.

One man is believed to have suffered smoke inhalation and the other is thought to have suffered minor burns as well as smoke inhalation.

The kitchen area was severely damaged by fire.

A spokesman for the fire service said the cause is believed to have been linked to the disposal of smoking materials.