Trading Post in Kettering damaged by fire

The Trading Post
The Trading Post

The fire service was called to a fire at the Trading Post in Kettering early this morning (October 23).

At about 1am four engines attended a fire at the pub in Lake Avenue, Kettering, where a washing machine had caught fire.

The washing machine was severely damaged and the store room and its contents moderately damaged.

The bar and restaurant were moderately damaged by smoke. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Also last night, at about 4.30am firefighters from Thrapston attended a BMW car which was on fire near Sudborough.

The car was severely damaged in the incident, which is also thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.