Three men barred from Kettering house after firearms incident

Three men have been barred from entering a Kettering house after a firearms incident in the town last week.
Three men have been barred from entering a Kettering house after a firearms incident in the town last week.

Three men have been barred from entering a Kettering house after a firearms incident in the town last week.

Kettering Council has been granted a Closure Order at the address - which they have chosen not to name - after the incident on Tuesday (February 9), which saw three men arrested and later bailed.

The order has the effect of making it a criminal offence for all persons, including the occupant, to enter the property for the next three months.

Inspector Adam Ward from Northamptonshire Police said: “This represents continuing action from the police and the council working in partnership to tackle those individuals and families alike that make our communities less safe.  “Those that choose to act in this manner will be pursued relentlessly, without exception, using all the powers we have available to us to ensure a safer and more prosperous community for everyone in Kettering.”

Kettering Council will be making a further application for possession of the property.

John Conway, head of housing, said: “The council will not hesitate to take action to protect our tenants as they are entitled to live their lives without the threat of criminality and anti-social behaviour from their neighbours.

“As well as applying for this Closure Order, we have, in recent months, evicted two drug dealers from council properties.

“We will continue to take action to deal with the tiny minority of our tenants who cause misery to others.”

The Northants Telegraph has requested confirmation of the street address from Northants Police.