There has been increasing speculation that a consortium from Corby won the £38m EuroMillions jackpot on Friday.
A Camelot spokesman said the winners of Friday night’s massive jackpot has come forward to claim the prize, but declined to give any further details.
However, there has been intense speculation on the internet and sociale networking sites that a consortium of 12 from Corby has scooped the prize.
The rumours have yet to be substantiated.
The lucky winner is the fifth UK ticket holder in a row to win it. Subject to validation, the life-changing sum could be paid out when the banks open on Monday.
The ticket-holder can then decide whether or not to go public and share their news. There will be no information on whether it is an individual or syndicate winner, or where the ticket was purchased unless the ticket-holder decides to go public, the spokesman said.
He added: “What a year it has been, this is the fifth big UK winner of 2012. We are looking forward to welcoming the ticket-holder into our millionaires club, joining the 2,800 millionaires created by The National Lottery to date.
“Every EuroMillions player helps to contribute to the £30 million raised every week for National Lottery Good Causes. The 370,000 National Lottery grants presented since 1994 have helped projects both big and small all over the country.
The winner has been catapulted into 11th place in The National Lottery Rich List.
Top of the list are Colin and Chris Weir from Largs who banked £161 million in July last year.
Britain’s EuroMillions run began on January 20 when builder Gareth Bull and his wife Catherine, from Mansfield in Nottinghamshire, banked nearly £41 million.
The county celebrated a second big win on February 7 when young couple Cassey Carrington and Matt Topham scooped more than £45 million.
Two further UK jackpot wins followed, but both claimants chose to remain anonymous. More than £46 million was won on February 24, while £22.1 million was scooped on March 2.