Rothwell house damaged in fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Two fire crews were called out to tackle a blaze in Rothwell last night (Friday April 12).

At 8.05pm the fire service were called to reports of smoke seen issuing from a house in Oxford Street, Rothwell.

The crews found a fire in the loft space in the property. Firefighters tackled the fire using a hose reel and two sets of breathing apparatus, and managed to get the blaze under control around 9.30pm.

The cause of the fire is thought to be radiated heat from the chimney.

As a result of the blaze 10 square metres of the loft was severely damaged.

A crew from the British Red Cross Fire Support Service will be assisting the householders.