A most-wanted list of high-risk foreign criminals believed to be hiding in Britain has been released, including a suspected murderer with links to Northamptonshire.
Scotland Yard and Crimestoppers unveiled the list of 17 criminals wanted by authorities in other European countries who are thought to be in areas including London, Reading, Manchester and Leicester.
It is the third Operation Sunfire campaign and includes the search for 32-year-old Dritan Rexhepi, who is wanted over a double murder in Albania and has links to London, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Edvinas Judinskas, 19, is accused of murder in his native Lithuania over an attack where a gang forced their way in to a flat and beat the occupant to death with a metal rod and wooden chair leg.
He has links to Woolwich in south-east London, Reading and Greater Manchester - specifically Bury and Bolton.
Serhat Aslan, 26, is wanted for murder in his native Turkey after a 19-year-old man was stabbed in 2004. He has links with Stoke Newington in north London and Chingford in Waltham Forest.
The list also includes Evaldas Rabikauskas, 29, who is wanted in Lithuania for the rape of a teenager in 2007.
Rabikauskas has links to Hackney in north London and Potters Bar in Hertfordshire.
Director of operations for Crimestoppers Roger Critchell said: “The purpose of Operation Sunfire is to track down and arrest murderers, violent robbers, drug traffickers and other criminals hiding in the UK.
“Crimestoppers is supporting this Metropolitan Police operation so that these individuals can be put before the extradition courts to face justice abroad and no longer be a threat to this country.
“Non-national fugitives hiding overseas in countries such as this are a threat to local communities as they most often remain involved in criminal activity and are a danger to those around them. We want these criminals off British soil and back to the countries where they have committed these heinous crimes so that justice may be served.”
Detective Sergeant Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, warned the public not to approach the fugitives.
He said: “Today I’m asking the public, do you recognise these faces? Maybe you know where these people live, work or socialise?
“They are wanted to face justice for a multitude of crimes in other countries and it is in the UK’s interests to help find them.
“If you have any information about these people, please call Crimestoppers so we can arrest them. If you see them call 999 and do not approach them.”
Anyone with information about where the criminals are can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Here is a list of the most wanted foreign criminals who are thought to be hiding in the UK:
1) Dritan Rexhepi, 32, who also uses the name Gramos Rexhepaj. He is wanted for murder in Albania after two men were shot and another injured in 1999, and for an aggravated burglary in Belgium where the victims were tied up and threatened at knifepoint before money and jewellery were stolen. The Albanian has links to London, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
2) Edvinas Judinskas, 19, is wanted for murder in his native Lithuania. He is accused of being in a group who forced their way in to a flat and beat the occupant to death with a metal rod and wooden chair leg. Judinskas has links to Woolwich in south east London, Reading in Berkshire and Manchester - specifically Bury and Bolton.
3) Krzysztof Zakrzewski, 38, is wanted in Poland for a violent robbery where he and an accomplice beat and robbed a man in 1992. The Pole has links to east London, specifically Newham and Tower Hamlets.
4) Serhat Aslan, 26, is wanted for murder in his native Turkey after a 19-year-old man was fatally stabbed in 2004. He has links with Stoke Newington in north London, and Chingford in Waltham Forest where he was known to be living in 2009.
5) Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by authorities in Romania for robbery and kidnap. He is accused of taking part in the abduction of two men who were tied up, beaten and robbed for refusing to help traffick women. Niciu is also wanted by police in the UK for recall to prison. He has been linked to Havering in London.
6) Krzysztof Pedzik, 25, is wanted to serve a 17-month jail sentence in Poland for a robbery in 2006, and for burglary in Tottenham and Hendon, north London. He is known to spend time in Barnet, Haringey and Hackney, all north London.
7) Pawel Jakub Chmielorz, 27, is also wanted in Poland for grievous bodily harm. He has been convicted of six violent attacks between 2006 and 2009 in which all the victims suffered serious head injuries, and is wanted to serve a two-and-a-half year jail term. His last known address was in Enfield and he has also spent time in Edmonton, both north London.
8) Hysni Sokolaj, 40, is sought by Albania for human trafficking over allegations that between 2001 and 2005 he forced an Albanian woman into prostitution in Belgium and the UK. He has links to London, Leicester and Cheshunt in Hertfordshire.
9) Lukasz Wyrzykiewicz, 30, is wanted for GBH and affray in his native Poland. He is accused of stabbing two brothers and pushing them down stairs in a nightclub in 2009. He has links to Harrow, Northolt and Hounslow in London; and Thames Valley and Glasgow.
10) Laszlo Nemes, 52, is wanted by Hungarian authorities for human trafficking because he is suspected of involvement in smuggling people across the Serbian/Hungarian border. He has links to east London, particularly Newham and Tower Hamlets.
11) Robert Grygoruk, 36, is sought in his native Poland for a string of crimes possession of a handgun, assault, supplying drugs including 5kg of cannabis and amphetamines, controlling prostitution, and large scale fraud. He has been linked to east and south-east London, specifically Leytonstone and Forest Hill.
12) Dariusz Farfus, 24, is wanted in Poland for grievous bodily harm after he was convicted of taking part in a brawl in 2007. He has a jail term of 20 months and 20 days to serve. Farfus has links to north London and is believed to be living in Barnet.
13) Svetlana Mironenkova, 43, has gone missing from Latvia where she is wanted for human trafficking. She allegedly recruited women to be sent to London where they were forced to work as prostitutes. She is believed to be in North London and has links to Beckton in London.
14) Vasile Vladu, 30, who uses the aliases Marius Cionca and Marius Gitman, is wanted for attempted murder, human trafficking and theft in Romania. He has links to east London, Harlow in Essex and Hatfield in Hertfordshire. Vladu is wanted over a bar fight in 2004 where he attacked someone with a baseball bat, for trafficking women in 2004 and 2005 and theft in 2008.
15) Karol Koczmara, 24, uses the alias Michal Ura and different dates of birth including 16.05.88, 04.04.90 and 04.04.91. The Pole is wanted in Poland for an armed robbery in 2005 and a kidnapping in 2006. He is known to spend time in Edmonton and Tottenham in north London.
16) Evaldas Rabikauskas, 29, is wanted in Lithuania for a sex attack. He is accused of raping a teenager in 2007. Rabikauskas has links to Hackney in north London and Potters Bar in Hertfordshire.
17) Anna Jankawska, 26, is wanted in her native Poland for involvement in the drugs trade between 2008 and 2009. She has links to Mitcham and Wimbledon in west London and Cheltenham in Gloucestershire.