Police investigate firework blaze in Wellingborough home

editorial image
1
Have your say

Fire crews believe a firework pushed through a letterbox was the most likely cause of a fire which broke out in a Wellingborough house last night (Monday, November 5).

Crews from Wellingborough, Irthlingborough and Earls Barton were called to the blaze in Compton Street at around 9.15pm.

The ground floor and hallway of the property were severely damaged by the fire, with moderate smoke damaged caused to the rest of the building.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said it believed the fire started due to “deliberate ignition”. Police are investigating the incident.