A Kettering shop which has stood strong for more than 80 years has ceased trading.
Furniture shop Gerald S White, in 9-10 Newland Street, dated back to 1935.
Originally opened by Gerald, known as ‘Jack’ by many, the shop was famous for its prams with many new parents buying theirs from there.
The shop changed to selling living room furniture more than 30 years ago.
But after 82 years, the family-run business appointed liquidators and was wound up earlier this month.
A winding-up notice reads: “Notice is given that at a general meeting of the company, duly convened and held at the place and on the date given above, a special resolution was passed that the company be wound up voluntarily.
“And an ordinary resolution was passed appointing the joint liquidators for the purposes of the winding-up.”