Man treated for burns after he was injured by exploding aerosol can in Corby

A man was injured in a house fire on Corby
A man was injured in a house fire on Corby
2
Have your say

A man has been treated for burns after he was injured by an exploding aerosol can at his Corby home last night (Sunday, December 4).

Two fire crews from Corby were called to the scene in Turner Road at about 7.30pm.

A spokesman for the Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival the crews found the fire to be out, but one male had sustained some burns.

“First aid was given by the fire service until an ambulance arrived and conveyed the casualty to hospital.

“The fire was a small fire in a waste basket which spread to a butane-filled aerosol used for refilling lighters.

“This exploded and caused the injuries to the casualty.

“There was also some structural damage to a door and three windows as a result of this.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

A team from the British Red Cross Fire Emergency Service also attended to provide support to the occupiers.

Read more Corby news here.