Man rescued from Wellingborough home after fire

A man had to be rescued after a blaze at a home in Wellingborough last night (Friday, July 26)
A man had to be rescued after a blaze at a home in Wellingborough last night (Friday, July 26)
0
Have your say

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a home in Wellingborough last night (Friday) shortly after 9pm.

Two fire crews from the town and another from Earls Barton were called to a terraced property in Thrush Lane at about 9.06pm after neighbours reported seeing smoke issuing from the house.

A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire Service said the fire had started in the kitchen and crews used a hose reel and hose jet to extinguish it.

Firefighters also rescued a man from the ground floor and a dog from the first floor.

The man was treated for smoke inhalation until paramedics arrived.

The fire was said to have been started after cooking was left unattended.

The blaze caused major damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.