The fire service has confirmed investigations into what started a fire at the former home of Rothwell Town FC are continuing.
But a spokesman also said their inquiries had been hampered by the fact the blaze, on Wednesday, July 24, caused so much damage to the clubhouse that the building remains too unsafe to enter.
The spokesman added: “Due to the extent of the damage to the building, it’s going to be some time before we can enter.”
Meanwhile, Rothwell town councillor Karl Sumpter has praised Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service for keeping the incident at the Cecil Street ground under control.
Rothwell Junior School, in Gladstone Street, is adjacent to the gutted clubhouse.
“Full credit to the fire service,” Cllr Sumpter said. “It was a huge fire. They protected the school which is only yards away.
“They did a cracking job.”