A car smashed into a garage at a home in Deeble Road, Kettering, earlier this afternoon causing a gas leak.
Fire crews from Kettering and Burton Latimer were called to the scene, near the junction with Churchill Way, at about 2.50pm.
Police closed a number of roads around the accident scene.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said fire crews were called to the scene as a precaution but were not needed.
He added: “Fire crews remained on standby at the scene while we waited for gas engineers to come and make sure the scene was safe.”
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Police said no-one was hurt in the incident.
She added: “There were some road cordons in place but engineers from Transco have already been to the scene and capped the gas leak so these have been lifted.”
Raymond Miller, from the National Grid, said engineers were called shortly after 3pm.
He added: “We isolated the supply and made sure the gas leak was safe before leaving the scene.”