Several homes in Pipers Hill Road, Kettering, were affected by an external gas leak on Saturday, November 10.
Northamptonshire Fire Service was called to the scene at 5.25pm. Two appliances from Kettering and one from Corby attended.
A fire service spokesman said: “There was an external gas leak concerning many properties. The fire service assisted until the arrival of National Grid.”
The last fire engine left the scene at about 7.25pm.
National Grid and the police then took responsibility for the incident.